Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Some blurry windows all around

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some blurry windows all around

So, I noticed this first with the windshield

like it has a oil on it making it look blurry.. but nothing is on it. I cleaned it multiple times, still there. Now i check the other windows, its on all of them. Rear window, sides.. .

Seems its in the spots the defrosters blow, but the entire passenger side windshield is blurry.

what to make of this ??????? its really annoying
Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to california...

do you drive with your windows down?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 AM

wait what? haha yeah i drive with the windows down all the time
Old 10-23-2009, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah... its smog from the street... lol kinda gets you thinking how gross is the air we breath... anyway

if you got a sam's club membership... get some stuff called scrub away, its a white foam spray it on your winshield, with one side of a microfiber clean it off, with the other side of the fiber do finishing touches...

it does wonders... dont try windex... it will make it worse.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:27 AM

you sure man? Ive seen that haze on the windows before but this if you look at it close up is like a zig zaggy look to it. I mean ive you think that foam stuff might help ill definately try it, but this stuff looks really weird, never had it on any car
Old 10-24-2009, 03:10 AM

Ive never been to california.... but is the air salty out there? This would happen in my camaro if i was at the beach for longer than a week.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Premium Member

Have you ever smelled antifreeze when kicking on the defroster? The smog theory is scary .... no wonder they enforce the C.A.R.B regulations so strictly in C.A
Old 10-24-2009, 09:15 PM

What did you use to clean your windows? I see they are tinted.. if you used the wrong thing that could be dissolving the tint. Just a possibility. I have seen people use all purpose windex on tinted windows and it looks like oil, rainbowy and zig zaggy like you are talking about. In the summer time my rear windows get a greasy grime on them from driving with the windows down. I live in Missouri, we don't have much smog.. But it is hard to get off.

The best stuff I have used is GM aerosol glass cleaner.. I got it from the dealer a few years ago. Invisible glass in aerosol is pretty good too. From my personal experience you get less fog and streaking if you use aerosol. I wouldn't use anything besides non-ammonia aerosol for cleaning tinted windows. Microfibers are your friend.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 AM

ok on vacation when i get back ill clean them.. it was there on the side widows before the tint, Its also on the windshield. Ive in the past used window cleaners to clean the windshield but dont really do anything to it beside normal soap and water, and the inside just gets a light damp cloth wipe down. Ive seen this on no other car here in california
Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 PM

just an update

tried the cleaner no help (as i imagined) some problem with the layering of the material in the glass. Im out of warranty, had to many quality issues with this car and kinda done at this point. So i wil leave it, and trade her in thanks guys for the help!!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 PM

I have a similar problem with my windshield, but I live in the suburbs of New York, so I don't think smog is my problem. It only happens when its raining a little, just enough to make it wet or when I use the windshield cleaner...the glass gets all foggy, and you can't see ****. At first I though they got something on the glass when they detailed my car before when i bought it, but that was almost a year ago, and the problem continues. And yes, Windex seems to make it worse.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:53 PM

that happens from the oils evaporating from the cleaners used for the interior. Its most noticible when cars are bought new, or from a dealer. Notice the interior looks all shiny and perfect and... oily when you got it that day? A good glass cleaner will clean it off. When you do your interior leave your windows down or cracked while it sits for the first few hours. DOnt smoke in the car. That stuff is a bitch to clean. Will take a few rounds to get it all off
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by SSchargedSS
that happens from the oils evaporating from the cleaners used for the interior. Its most noticible when cars are bought new, or from a dealer. Notice the interior looks all shiny and perfect and... oily when you got it that day? A good glass cleaner will clean it off. When you do your interior leave your windows down or cracked while it sits for the first few hours. DOnt smoke in the car. That stuff is a bitch to clean. Will take a few rounds to get it all off
Im pretty sure its only happening on the exterior of the glass, I forgot to mention that the wipers make it much worse. I think I need to get myself some Invisible Glass and a new pair of wipers...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:20 AM

it hit a pigeon one day, the thing hit the exact center of my windshield. It left this ****** grease mark that just would not go away. No matter how much i cleaned it it was still there. It was oil from his feathers, evertually after about 100 washes and 2 years later its gone.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:03 AM

do you smoke?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 631motersports
do you smoke?
If that was directed at me, then no, I don't